About Onward Together
Born from conversations between Governor Howard Dean and Secretary Hillary Clinton in the aftermath of the 2016 election, Onward Together was established to lend support to leaders — particularly young leaders — kicking off projects and founding new organizations to fight for our shared progressive values.
In April, 2017, Onward Together launched by announcing its support for five organizations: Color of Change, Emerge America, Indivisible, Swing Left, and Run for Something.
Onward Together supports emerging and legacy organizations that have proven success in organizing around our shared progressive values, mobilizing voters, or running candidates for office. We’re particularly interested in working with groups that present a well-articulated vision; have a demonstrated ability to attract supporters, volunteers, and donors; and have a willingness to collaborate with like-minded groups.
Our support isn’t one-size-fits-all. In each case, we ask ourselves and the partner organization “How can Onward Together best support this organization?”
The answer will vary by organization, and can include the following:
- Financial support: Direct grants, fundraising support, online amplification, in-person surrogate assistance, 1:1 introductions and meetings with donors, convenings.
- Strategic and leadership guidance: Mentorship, training, 1:1 introductions with expert advisors, convenings
- Recognition: Online endorsements, surrogate support, offline and event mentions via Onward Together surrogates, convenings
- Membership building: Mobilizing Onward Together supporters to support partner organizations
Organizations can be nominated for Onward Together’s support via word of mouth or by sending us an email at [email protected]
Our partner organizations
In May of 2017, Onward Together endorsed the following organizations:
- Color of Change [read more]
- Emerge America [read more]
- Indivisible [read more]
- Swing Left [read more]
- Run for Something [read more]
Then in December of 2017, Onward Together added six more groups to our endorsement list: